Announcing the Official GraphCMS Todo App Starter
Introducing the Todo App starter built using GraphCMS, Next.js, NextAuth.js, SWR, and Tailwind. Quickly get started with user generated content.
We're excited to share that we have a new official GraphCMS Starter. A Todo App!
- Authenticate users with NextAuth.js
- Protected user todos with email/password login
- Styled with Tailwind CSS
- Works with Next.js API routes + SWR
This application demonstrates how you can leverage your existing Next.js applications to include GraphCMS, even if you are still using API routes instead of a GraphQL endpoint.
We understand not everyone can start using GraphQL on the frontend right away, but with this example, we'll be using the powerful React hooks library SWR for fetching (and mutating) data to show how you can begin to use GraphQL behind your frontend API routes.
If you've been looking for an excuse to start using GraphQL and GraphCMS, this example is perfect for you.
- Create a new project using the Todo App starter
- Create a Permanent Auth Token with permissions to Create, Read, Update, Delete, Publish, and Unpublish on the DRAFT stage
- Deploy to Vercel and provide your API endpoint and token