TL;DR: Write for GraphCMS and GraphQL and get compensated for your work! ✍️
GraphCMS's Technical Writing Program is a way to contribute to our knowledge base and get paid for it! You can now have fun creating a project on the technology you love, with a platform that excites you, and we will help you push content and reach thousands of users at the same time.
We get a ton of requests for the documentation required to fit all of your project needs of any shape and size and we are continuing to do that every day (a ton of backlogs!). We are a small team working across the globe constantly pushing for every community member out there, that is the backbone of what we are building at GraphCMS. In order to help the community, we are helping the community build a knowledge base for itself.
You pick an approach, come talk to us (here)! We are looking for everything you'd like to make - from solving complicated problems, creative workarounds, simple solutions, amazing plugins, tutorials, integrations for anyone who will interact with GraphCMS or GraphQL at any point in time. You can also include content that is on the topics of Content Modelling, Content Management, GraphQL, GraphCMS, Headless CMS, and related technologies. Topics could also range into front-end frameworks, content & information architecture, or other topics that are relevant.
Your work will inspire and help a lot of developers to build and at the same time grow GraphCMS's public repository of resources and make it easier to start with GraphQL, GraphCMS, and the flexible tech agnostic product we are building to cater to everyone's needs.
Here’s how the process works:Anchor
We do not accept pre-written blogs.
- Make a pitch, here.
- We like the proposal, we will get in touch with you to discuss the topic.
- When it gets accepted, we will review and help you refine your title and outline.
- Once you've decided how you want to be compensated, we'll process that accordingly.
- Then we leave you alone to do your thing, Write! We will share writing guides, best practices, and references that you can look at as you write your post. We will also be in constant touch to help you anytime you need them if you work better alone? We'll leave you alone.
- When the draft is ready, we will push it to our content calendar and decide to publish your amazing creation with your name, bio, social media links and share it on our social media channels too! For crediting you we would require an avatar, a small bio (50-100 words), and your social network profiles.
- Once done, we'll finalize the compensation and have that dealt with!
- Not just that, we'd also send you some great swag, and feature you in our newsletter!
The content will have a Creative Commons License to keep knowledge open and accessible.
What we're looking for:Anchor
- We generally want to include content that is on the topics of Content Modelling, Content Management, GraphQL, GraphCMS, Headless CMS, and related technologies.
- Any suggestions or improvement around our blog, guides, and examples.
- How to build full-stack applications using GraphCMS and GraphQL along with Jamstack Ecosystem or Frontend framework of your choice.
- Using GraphCMS and GraphQL along with 3rd party platforms and services.
- Tutorials on GraphCMS like Getting Started with Content Federation, etc.
- Topics could also range into front-end frameworks, content & information architecture, or other topics that are relevant.
Have something else to pitch around GraphCMS or GraphQL? We don't mind! Propose it here!
Just a straight No to trends, predictions, or time-bound content pitches and pre-existing content, or content that is syndicated, copied, or plagiarised content from your blog or someone else's.
If you're interested in creating content about GraphCMS on a third-party website, get in touch to see how we can assist you in your research and writing.
Who can apply:Anchor
Literally anyone! We suggest anyone apply to a topic they feel passionately about. We are happy to entertain first-time writers and make sure you create something you feel great about!
Feel free to join #content on our Community Slack and discuss your ideas with us. We'd love to hear your ideas before you apply with an idea.
If you have any questions or need any clarifications, feel free to hit me up on our Community Slack or at firstname.lastname@example.org.