You can create preview URLs for any number of preview environments you might need to support by creating a simple string template in the model's settings under the schema tab.
Working with Preview URLs
Creating a Preview URL
It's most common to create a preview URL for models that represent a page and have a field such as a
slug or other way to identify a unique URL on the web. Of course you aren't limited to only creating web URLs.
- Navigate to the schema editor tab.
- Find a model you'd like to create a preview URL for.
- Expand the three dot menu next to the model name.
- Select "Edit Model".
- Press a tab next to "settings" called "Preview URLs".
- Press the "+ Add" button below, provide a name and a URL string.
:<apiId>in the string will replace that variable with the value from the entry. In the video above,
:slugfield will be dynamically replaced with the value of the slug field on that content entry.
- Press "Update Model".
- Return to that Model's content editing window and open an entry.
- A new "Open in ..." button will be in the sidebar.
Deleting a Preview URL
- Navigate to the edit modal of the content model you want to remove the preview URL from.
- Open the "Preview URL" tab.
- Press the trash icon next to the Preview URL you want to remove.
- Update the model.
Were you expecting something more?
We are constantly contributing to our documentation, but if you spot something we're missing, let us know and we'll be sure to add it.