Versioning allows you to work non-destructively with your content, helping you make changes with greater reliability and assurance that you can always recover previous work.
Content versioning is a paid upgrade and is subject to limits in the number of versions retained and the time period they are retained for. See pricing for further details. Enterprise plans can negotiate custom limits. Contact sales for more questions.
Working with Versions
Creating a new Version
- Open a content entry.
- Create some changes then press
Save and Publish- versions are created on every Publish.
Comparing a Version
- Open a content entry you'd like to compare versions on.
- In the contextual sidebar on the right-hand side, find the box labeled "Versions".
- Click on the alternating arrow icon next to the content entry.
- A split pane window will appear comparing the content from the current draft version to the chosen published version. An arrow will appear next to the right-hand comparison, the
PUBLISHEDcontent stage. You can revert to this content by pressing the arrow next to the field you want to revert to.
Restoring a Version
- Open a content entry version from the contextual sidebar.
- Press the arrow moving from right to left. The current entry state content is always the content on the left. Pressing the arrow replaces this content with the selected version.
If your draft stage content is different than the Published content, it is not possible to compare a previous version with the current published state. First revert your drafted state with the existing published state then compare the versions.
If you delete an entry, or downgrade a project and continue editing content, versions will also be deleted.
Were you expecting something more?
We are constantly contributing to our documentation, but if you spot something we're missing, let us know and we'll be sure to add it.