You can create preview URLs for any number of preview environments you might need to support by creating a simple string template in the model's settings under the schema tab.
It's most common to create a preview URL for models that represent a page and have a field such as a slug or other way to identify a unique URL on the web. Of course you aren't limited to only creating web URLs.
- Navigate to the schema editor tab.
- Find a model you'd like to create a preview URL for.
- Expand the three dot menu next to the model name.
- Select "Edit Model".
- Press a tab next to "settings" called "Preview URLs".
- Press the "+ Add" button below, provide a name and a URL string. Using
:<apiId>in the string will replace that variable with the value from the entry. In the video above,
:slugfield will be dynamically replaced with the value of the slug field on that content entry.
- Press "Update Model".
- Return to that Model's content editing window and open an entry.
- A new "Open in ..." button will be in the sidebar.
- Navigate to the edit modal of the content model you want to remove the preview URL from.
- Open the "Preview URL" tab.
- Press the trash icon next to the Preview URL you want to remove.
- Update the model.